Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day Weekend my husband and I took a much needed and much deserved vacation to York, ME. We left on Friday around noon and returned on Monday around noon. We bought a pop up camper a few months ago and decided to try it out-with NO KIDS! I love my children with all my heart but we were in desperate need of some alone time. The last time he and I went away together was for our 5th anniversary we went to NYC-that was 4 years ago! Anyways, we had a wonderfully relaxing time. We had his GPS (if you don't have one I highly recommend one!!) so we went alot more places than we normally would have. We went to Portsmouth, NH and walked the town there and then went on a 2.5 hour boat ride around the Harbor. There was a live band and they were actually pretty good. We also did sea kayaking which was alot of fun but after an hour and a half my back was hurting!!! I didn't get any pics of that because I didn't want to risk getting my camera wet. Dominique and Olivia stayed with my parents. Olivia was sick alot of the weekend and I think it started as a flu bug but turned in to homesickness. :( She has not been away from us for more than a 24 hour period since she was born and she will be two in July. On the way home we witnessed a camper on fire on the side of the road in the South bound lane on the turnpike. It was crazy! Luckily no one was hurt but I posted some of those pics as well. Hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I did!

No comments: