Thursday, October 23, 2008

My blog - 4 months later!

So I'm not really sure what urged me to click on my blog tonight but I did and I noticed the last one was posted on June 21st!

So the rest of the summer (if you can call it that, since it rained for most of July and August) went by fast despite the rain. We went camping from July 4 - 7 and it was a really good time. We were a little nervous about having Olivia there with us since she wasn't quite 2 but she did well. It did help that we bought a pop up camper this past summer so we weren't tenting it! We watched the fireworks in Old Orchard for the 4th. They were ok, she didn't stick around for them. She doesn't like noises so Frido took her back to the camp and Dominique and I and Sam and the girls (my husbands sister) and Billy and Marcia (friends of my husbands)stayed til the end and then walked back to camp. Overall, great family vacation!

July 17, 2008 marked two years since my little Olivia was born! No, I can not believe it has been two years already. But having seen already how quickly Dominique has grown up I know it will be even faster with her. I am trying to relish the moments with her as my baby girl! (well of course she will always be my baby girl, but you all know what I mean right?)

So for the first time in 5 years Dominique decided not to do baseball through the town. Although I was dissapointed, it was really nice to have the summers to ourselves! Well, almost to ourselves, he did run track over the summer but it wasn't racing it was more "prep" for track. The actual racing track was later in the summer but the meets were on weekdays so we couldn't work it out. He really liked track though and I think had we been able to work it out, he would have done very well.

On to the school year....Dominique started 5th grade this year! Talk about time flying. When Dominique was born I never pictured myself being a mom to a 5th grader, it seemed like ages away and now POOF! He is playing basketball for his school this year, which I am super excited about! He is also just wrapping up his soccer season which he's been playing for 4 years now. He is a pretty well-rounded little guy. He also decided to play the violin again this year too. He really enjoys it and is getting to be quite good.

On to new things going on with us...so we decided this past summer to tear down our old ratty garage and build a new one. After much thought we decided to build a two story with a huge room upstairs that will be finished off and heated and turned into a scrapbook room (for me!) and playroom (for the kids...and me!). I'm super excited about this too!! Also, one day over the summer when I was on my way to visit my brother I was turning into his rode and the guy behind me ran into my car! So, I had a major dent in it, the passenger side mirror fell off (thankfully no one was hurt) but anyways 2 months later I finally found another vehicle and I love it!

And last but not least for this post, I am now an Aunt for the 3rd time (on my side) to another nephew! Brody Alan Lewis was born on 10/11/08 at 12:50 am. I've only been able to see him twice but the two times I've seen him I've truly enjoyed! I can't wait to see and hold him again.

So that is where I will leave off for now. I'm sure I could probably go on but it's after 9 pm and Olivia still isn't in bed so I'm going to call it a night.

I'mnot sure who if anyone reads these but if anyone does I'm going to try and post some pictures up later this week.

Miranda

2 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Well, I for one still check to see if there are any updates! I was glad to see that there was finally one up! The garage sounds exciting, and if I was a good friend, I would probably have known about it by now (because I would talk to you more than once every 4 mo.) Soryr to hear about the accident. I'm glad you were able to find another vehicle. Congrats on the new nephew as well. He sure is a cutie, and this too is something I have been meaning to tell you as well. Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hello,I am from Maine too.
Christina Lewis